Tips to Start Commercial Spirulina Cultivation Guide in India
If you are a small farmer and you want to double your income then you have to start Spirulina Farming. There is a huge demand for Spirulina Farming. Most of the farmers are prefer this to gain more profits in less time. In this business, income return is more while comparing to other Farming. Earlier we have given whole information on Poultry, Dairy and more. Now we are going to give information on Spirulina Cultivation which can bring more profits in less time.
Most of the people don’t know Where Spirulina Grow. At the same time, people are asking to give information on Where Spirulina Grow. Now we are going to give information on Where Spirulina can Grow. Spirulina is a Blue-Green Algae which can grow only in water.
Note: The optimum Temperature to Grow Spirulina is about 30 to 35° degrees Celsius. You have to grow Spirulina in Fresh Stagnant Water. You can grow Spirulina in Cement Water Tanks, Ponds, Lakes Farm ponds.
Materials Required to Grow Spirulina Cultivation
Now we are going to give information on Important Materials to Grow Spirulina Cultivation. After reading this article you will come to an idea on Important Materials in Spirulina Farming.
- The first important material is Spirulina Mother Culture. You can buy this from any Spirulina Cultivator.
- The important Fertilizers in Spirulina Farming is Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium, Phosphoric Acid, Urea along with this Ferrous and Magnesium Sulphate.
- You need to agitate the water regularly, for this you have to start a small-Scale Spirulina Farming.
- Furthermore, you need to buy a Thermometer to check the temperature in water.
- You have to take a Litmus Paper to measure the quality of Blue-Green Algae in water.
- High-Quality Motor Pump to fill the water in pond or tank.
- You have to make Cement Tanks or Normal Water Tanks to grow Spirulina.
- If you are growing Spirulina in Ponds you have to take plastic sheets.
- Noodle Shape Makers are required to give the Spirulina of Noodle Shape. ( Not Mandatory)
- Crusher to make Spirulina to Powder.
These are the Important Materials to Grow Spirulina in Spirulina Farming. By following these materials you can easily Cultivate Spirulina.
How to Start Spirulina Cultivation Commercially | How to grow Spirulina at Home
Before this, you have to follow the all the Important Materials in Spirulina Farming. There are some important aspects to follow the Spirulina Farming. Check the following information to Start Spirulina Farming. This process can be applicable to all the farmers in any country. In this process, you have to select a perfect area to grow Spirulina. After selecting the area you have to make a Tank or any Pond. After that add water to the tank with the help of a high-quality motor pump. Next, add Spirulina Mother Culture in Water Tank. Along with this, you have to add some important fertilizers which we have mentioned above.
you have to check that the tank is getting a proper sunshine. If there is proper sunshine then the Spirulina can able to develop within 10 to 15 days. If it is cold or winter season it takes more time to develop. During this process, you have to agitate the water by using agitators along with the stick. You have to make sure that there should be no contamination. This is the most simple process to Start Spirulina Cultivation. Furthermore, check the below article for more information. By following the article you can grow Spirulina at Home Easily.
How to Construct Container for Spirulina Farming / Cultivation
This is the most important thing in Spirulina Cultivation. Most of the people are asking about What is the best Container for Spirulina Cultivation Now we are going to give important information about How to Construct Container for Spirulina Cultivation.
- First, you have to prepare a Pond. Later construct a Cement or Plastic tank around the Pond.
- According to the latest studies, Cement Tank Containers are the best suitable to grow Spirulina. Even they can grow very fast in these containers.
- There are no particular shapes of containers. You can prepare Square, Circle or Rectangular or in any shape.
- You have to grow Spirulina in a closed environment to protect them from contamination.
- Furthermore, for the better and good quality of Spirulina, you have to construct a pond with not more than 100cm depth.
- This is the best construction method to grow Spirulina in Spirulina Farming.
Maintainance or Management in Commercial Spirulina Cultivation Guide
Even most of the Spirulina Farmers don’t know How to Maintain Spirulina. Now we are going to give information on Maintainance of Spirulina Farming. Follow the following information to Maintain Spirulina Farming.
- Agitate the water time to time.
- Don’t add salt to the water where Blue-Green Alge is located.
- Spirulina grows daily so you have to remove the Spirulina daily
- Clean the hands properly and take a clean cloth to collect the Spirulina.
- After removing you have to add fresh water to the tank.
- Add again Fresh Spirulina Mother Culture in the fresh water.
- Furthermore, you have to add some fertilizers to the water to maintain the tank without contamination.
Spirulina Cultivation Problems in India
Most of the people don’t know what is Spirulina. Even they don’t know the Value and Advantages of Spirulina. If you are one of them, then you no need to worry about that. We are here to give a whole information on Spirulina. Spirulina is nothing but a Blue Green Algae, which is having a huge quantity and quality of proteins which can grow only in water. Most of the people who are living in other countries use Spirulina as Supplementary Feed. Which gives you a more energy. Now we are going to give information on Problems and Solutions in Spirulina Cultivation or Spirulina Cultivation Problems.
Spirulina Cultivation Problems and Solutions in India:
Here, most of the farmers face problems during Spirulina Farming/Cultivation.If you are facing some problems or unable to find the Problems in Spirulina Farming then you no need to worry about those problems. Now we are going to give information on Problems and Solutions in Spirulina Cultivation.
1st Problem in Spirulina Farming: Spirulina changes its color to Yellow, or Brown and finally forms like Clumps in the bottom if you started Spirulina Cultivation in New Tanks.
- Reason: This can happen if you are using bad water or not applying fertilizers at a time. This can also happen if the temperature is high and due to lack of minerals in your Water Tank.
- Solution: Always use clean and fresh water. Furthermore, if the sunlight light is more cover the tank with the polythene sheet.
2nd Problem in Spirulina Farming: Sometimes the Spirulina Mother Culture unable to grow properly and remains in pale green color.
- Reason: This is due to the lack of enough sunlight.
- Solution: Allow Sunlight to pass through your Spirulina Mother Culture.
3rd Problem in Spirulina Farming: Sometimes Spirulina turns it color suddenly to Yellow Color and appears as Clumps at the bottom.
- Reason: This is due to the old medium. Furthermore, it can happen due to the imbalance of water.
- Solution: For this, you have to change the medium and water immediately.
4th Problem in Spirulina Farming: In Spirulina Cultivation sometimes foam may farm on the top of the water.
- Reason: Lack of minerals and Ash in water.
- Solution: You have to add some Ash into the water or Ash water in the Tank.
Problems in Spirulina Farming in India
These are few more problems with updating this article. Follow the article for more information on Spirulina Cultivation Problems in India.
5th Problem in Spirulina Farming: If you are able to find the Gelatine nature in Spirulina during the time of mixing and you unable to mix Spirulina properly.
- Reason: Lack of Nitrogen Percentage.
- Solution: For this problem, you have to add some Urea to increase the Percentage of Nitrogen in Spirulina Cultivation.
6th Problem in Spirulina Farming: Sometimes Spirulina Culture appears in Lime Green Color.
- Solution: In this problem, you have to add more nutrients. Furthermore, this may appear lime due to more sunlight.
7th Problem in Spirulina Farming: Spirulina becomes thin and shrinks and sit at the bottom of the water tank.
- Reason: This means the agitation has gone wrong.
- Solution: Agitation(Mixing) should be done properly at regular intervals.
8th Problem in Spirulina Farming: Spirulina appears in Jelly and Thick in Spirulina Farming.
- Solution: To solve this problem you have to Harvest Spirulina very frequently.
9th Problem in Spirulina Farming: If a smell like ammonia is coming from Spirulina in Spirulina Farming.
- Solution: To solve this problem you have to add some fresh water up to 1 cm of height in Water Tank of Spirulina Cultivation. .
This is all about the Problems and Solutions in Spirulina Farming/Cultivation. If there are any new problems and Solutions in Spirulina Cultivation we will let you know by updating this article. Still, if you are having any doubts about Spirulina Farming Problems you can ask your questions in the comment section. We are always ready to give you the information regarding this.
Expected Commercial Spirulina Farming Cost at Home
Spirulina is nothing but Blue-Green Algae which can grow in only water. Spirulina are appears in green color and in the form of tiny plants. These are those tiny plants which can multiply rapidly. Nowadays most of the farmers are Starting Sprirulina Farming throughout the world. This is having a huge demand in the market Now we are going to give information on Cost of Spirulina Farming in India.
Approximate Commercial Spirulina Farming Cost
Most of the farmers are starting this Spirulina Farming but they don’t know about Cost of Spirulina Farming. If you are one of them you no need to worry about that. Furthermore, we are going to give a whole information on Spirulina Cultivation Cost.
- In this, you have to construct a Water tank to grow Algae. At the same time, the measurement of that water tank can be like 40 feet length x10 feet breath x 100 cm depth.
- In this tank, you need 35,000 liters of water.
- The construction cost can depend on your local market products.
- The cost of cement is about 5,000 rupees.
- Furthermore, the cost of Sand is about 3,000 rupees.
- The electricity cost per month 800 rupees
- Cost of labor can be up to 5,000 rupees.
- The cost of materials required can be up to 2,000 rupees.
- Furthermore, the total cost can be up to 15,800 rupees.
This is the total Cost of Setting Spirulina Farming in India. This cost will come only when you start this farming. After second yield you can gain Profits in Spirulina Farming. This is the information which we collected from a farmer who lives in Telangana State. For the information on Materials required in Spirulina Farming, This is the whole information on Cost of Setting Spirulina Farming. Still, if you are have any doubts you can freely ask your questions in the comments section.