What are the Pumpkin Side Effects
We are focusing to give a short note on pumpkin without gigantic explanations and without removing important content at the same time. Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo) which is a round vegetable with ribbed skin and the colour varies from deep yellow to orange. Pumpkins are widely used for food and recreational purposes especially during the Halloween. we are focusing on the various factors of pumpkins in this article.
Nutritional Components of Pumpkin
- The nutritive value of pumpkin varies from variety to variety depending on the genetic constitution of the plant.
- We will give a generalised nutritive value of the pumpkin. Pumpkin is a good source of pantothenic acid, folate, antioxidants, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, and minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, sodium, and zinc.
- For every 100 grams of pumpkin, we are ingesting 26-kilocalorie energy,
- Pumpkin is loaded with vitamin A (beta-carotene) and it also contains vitamin C at less range.
- They have about 12.01% Carbohydrate, 1.76% of Protein, 2.7 gms of Fiber Content, and 0.1% Fat. The remaining percent consists of water.
Advantages/Medicinal value of Pumpkin
- Pumpkin is full of potassium which is responsible for lowering the blood pressure.
- The Beta-carotene antioxidants present in the pumpkin prevents the ageing related damage to the eyes and other organs.
- Pumpkin is low in calories. Hence people who are facing obesity problems can use it.
- The pumpkin is used as food for treating digestive ailments of veterinary animals like Constipation, Diarrhea and hairballs.
- Pumpkin is a heavens mine of fibre content.
Pumpkin Seed Oil
Pepitas is the name of the Pumpkin seeds and they are white in colour. Furthermore, you will get this Pumpkin seed oil by pressing the roasted seeds. Pumpkin oil flavour is robust. Hence we have to mix it with other oils when we are preparing for salad dressing.
List of Pumpkin Side Effects
There are various Side Effects of Pumpkin. Not everyone will face these Side Effects. While only fewer people who are allergic to it will face the below Side effects.
- Allergies: This side effect of Pumpkin are itching, rashes and mouth, neck swelling. Few people have reported Rhinoconjunctivitis symptoms after eating pumpkin.
- Urine production: Pumpkin seeds cause low blood pressure due to its diuretic nature.
- According to a new research on Pumpkin seeds, the scientists suggest that the pregnant women could develop diuretic nature. This causes a mineral imbalance in the body.
- Pumpkin seeds have compounds that lower the blood pressure so people having low blood pressure should avoid them. The same seeds are boon for the people suffering from high blood pressure.
- Pumpkin seeds are more prone to the rancidity. Rancidity of oils occurs when the oxidation of Oils occurs by the atmospheric oxygen.
This is all about the Benefits, Nutrition, Pumpkin Side Effects. Since you have read the above information, we hope that you have got the valuable information on Pumpkin.